Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baby #2

Blondie had her foal early this morning in her stall.  I was late getting to the quarantine farm due to issues on my farm, so Michelle beat me over there and she got to be the first to rub his little furry butt.  Dang it. 

 

 

I bring the big horses off the grass and into the barn at feeding time so that the pregnant and no longer pregnant mares can go out for awhile to graze.

 

 

I was going to leave Blondie and baby in for a day or two to recover, but that little guy is a pistol!  He was full of energy and raring to go.

 

 

His feet are also very long, just like Tootsie’s were when she was born, but he’s not as dropped in the pasterns as she was. 

 

He’s also as big as Tootsie is now after a week of growing.

 

Poor Shortcake.  Always a bridesmaid, never the bride.  Poor little thing had better have a foal soon before she explodes.

5 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Cute! What is his name?

wvfarmgirl said...

I was thinking Riley would be a cute name for the little bugger.

Lena said...

Argh....more cuteness! He's so adorable. C'mon Shortcake, we're waitin' on you now!

Sylvia said...

Cute!!!! I love the name :)

Muppet said...

<3 !!!!!!