I finally got around to taking pictures of the other two youngsters that came in with Summer and Traveler. As you can see, they’re not nearly as bad off as the other two. If it weren’t for the winter coat you’d see a big wormy belly, more ribs showing, and not much topline. But at least these guys have some meat on their bones and are much stronger than the other two. Both are supposed to be two years old. Neither of them had sores on their faces from growing into halters that were too small, and they were obviously in charge of the herd and got most of the food. These two boys have been together since they were babies and don’t like to be far from each other.
Meet Youngster #1, a cute little chestnut who loves attention.
Youngster #2 is a plain bay gelding with not a spot of white any where on his body. He was skittish when he arrived, but this morning at breakfast he decided I wasn’t quite so evil after all.
There you have it… it’s time for you to come up with some good names for the two munchkins. As usual, leave your suggestions in the comments and I’ll make a poll for everyone to vote. If anyone suggests “Brownie” for Youngster #2, be forewarned that I WILL beat you with a bag of bricks.
7 comments:
I vote for Milo for the Chestnut....still thinking on the bay :)
Let's see...how about Brownie for Younster #2? Hahaha, just kidding.
Youngster #1: Cherokee
Youngster #2: Koda
Oh I wish I have space for horses...sigh...
#1 Chip
#2 Davis
Whoops - not Davis, Dixon!
#2 Looks like a Mick to me.
Connie, humming Wild Horses
cute face on #2. i'm no good at names. but, once you have it narrowed down to a poll, i can help :D
i have to tell you, i keep coming back here (i am a freqent visitor, after all!!!) to look at youngster #2.
i LOVE his face. i love a pretty dark bay...but i really LOVE his face!! LOVE.
Post a Comment