Is not happening here because of me. But it is happening. And I even have proof. Let’s take, for instance, the quarantine pasture fence:
No more barbed wire, baby! All that’s left is to string up the top and mid strand of electric, and cut off the tops of the posts.
I had nothing to do with getting the new fence up. Are you kidding? 330’ foot rolls of woven wire is fence is NOT light. My back rebelled just looking at the rolls that have been sitting next to my driveway for months. Two manly volunteers got it done yesterday and I am forever grateful to them. Needless to say, I can’t wait for them to come out and do the rest! They did an awesome job, way better than Glenn and I would have done.
I did have a little something to do with this:
Yup, you guessed it, the round pen is finally up. On the flattest place we could find, which still isn’t very flat. I’m hoping once the sand is dumped in and spread, it will be more level. But it’s completely usable as it is now.
Glenn got the holes dug before he left a couple of weeks ago, I sunk the posts with concrete yesterday, and I had volunteer help today to nail up the boards. Not bad for two bottle blondes, eh?
I couldn’t get Glenn’s P.O.S. chainsaw to start, so the tops still need to be chopped off and these two boards need to be trimmed so I can hang the gate.
Eventually, I’ll put one more board along the ground and get a truckload of sand dumped and spread. The pen is 40’ in diameter, which is plenty of room for ground work and getting on all these unbroke horses for the first time. The posts and boards are all pressure treated, but I’d still like to throw some paint on all the wood. Unlike everyone else and their brother up here I will NOT be using used motor oil as paint. Nooooooooo thank you! That’s not my idea of a good recycling choice.
I’m on call for work tomorrow (how much does that suck???), so I think I may finally conquer the two million tomatoes still hanging on the vine in the garden and the ones still in the freezer. Call me crazy, but me and my sinuses are actually looking forward to hanging out inside with the A/C cranked tomorrow!
1 comment:
The round pen looks nice.
Sometimes when I read your post I think to myself that I should complain that I'm busy because you are WAY busier than me!
Post a Comment