Monday, October 13, 2008

Random Lunch 10/13/08

I found the camera. Actually, Glenn found the camera. Apparently my evil twin took the camera after downloading the auction pictures last weekend and stowed it in the truck so we'd have it for the trail ride on Sunday. And there it sat for a week while I tore apart the house looking for it, and wrongly accused Thor of stealing it. At least I didn't go so far as to clean the house. That would have been a real waste of time.

I have a large basket full of maters sitting on the kitchen table waiting to be canned. Which is a shame, because I'm really over the whole canning thing. Done. Honestly.

There are more maters waiting on the dying vines.






All but one of the vines is dying and I really want to rip them out of the ground. But I can't. Because they are still producing and I just don't swing that way.

Then there's this little rebel. This is the Kellogg's Breakfast yellow tomato and it has decided to put on a bunch of new growth and flowers. Dumb plant.



Several weeks ago I had chopped off the tops of all the Finnichio fennel that I hadn't had time to harvest before it bolted. Much to my surprise, baby fennel bulbs are sprouting from the main stalk! Perhaps I will have some fennel to freeze this season after all.




Woohoo! My garlic is coming up! Happy days!



Stay tuned next summer when I'll be wondering why the hell I planted almost three pounds of garlic for two people. My propensity for over abundance amazes even me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we finally pushed through the canning thing and finished our last batch of maters. Like you, we checked out of canning a few weeks ago. I pulled up the garden last weekend and it was good therapy.