But a great big happy dance happened on Monday when my friend's mare finally had her baby. Anne has been sleeping out in the barn for weeks waiting for the stork and on Monday morning at 1:30AM the little one finally made an appearance. She's absolutely adorable. But what foal isn't? I have lots of pictures from Anne, but don't want to steal her thunder. But I did get permission to put this one up on the blog. I love this picture and it was a total accident according to Anne (who I believe is a professional photographer in disguise).

Here's another great picture not taken by me (hey, I never claimed I was a good photographer). Ever since we hung up the hummingbird feeder on the porch we've been accumulating more and more hummingbirds. We started with one, then two days later we had three, now two weeks later we have seven that I've counted. They fight over the feeder constantly and when I sit out on the porch working I get dive bombed regularly. Glenn only had to sit out with the camera for five minutes before he caught this one. I may just let him take all the pictures from now on.

Over the weekend I took the table that Glenn had built for my seed flats, flipped it upside down, and wrapped it in hardware cloth. The guineas are much happier in their new home, even though it's really ugly.
Little guys are getting big fast, aren't they?? Some of the older ones are starting to spread their wings and fly a foot or two around their cage. Guess it's time to put a top on the cage.

Can you tell I really have nothing to say, but just feel guilty for not blogging in a few days? Oh, but I can tell you about dinner tonight because I was especially proud of it. Not because it tasted awesome, but because it was completely horrible to look at and Glenn ate it anyway. Glenn calls dishes like these my "concoctions". They're nothing special, but I guess when you're used to hot dogs and mac n' cheese, pasta with basil & spinach pesto and chopped tomatoes seems pretty fancy.
Ingredients:
boatload of fresh from the garden sweet basil
one or two spinach leaves, depending on size
cup or two of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
tons of Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta, combine everything else in the food processor. Chop maters. Put everything together and stir it up till it looks green and disgusting. See, so easy and quick. I felt so Rachel Rayish, but only because as I was adding the olive oil I called it EVOO.

2 comments:
Hi Rachel...oh I meant WVFarmgirl. :)
I love the picture of the mare and her baby. It's so precious!
Hey - you're back! Thanks for visiting my blog...Thank you even more for the inspiration to start my own! :-)
Kane thanks your for the compliments. Hopefully I'll be posting more photos. Off to practice tonight...
Post a Comment