Monday, June 9, 2008

One Day at a Time

It was another scorcher here today and the horses spent most the day in the run-ins hiding from the bugs. Stride and Manny were sound this morning when they were trotting up on the ridge before it got too hot. Stride and Dolly are still afraid to drink from the shared trough when my horses are standing too near. They also don't like the spring-fed tub, or maybe they just haven't found it yet. Chief (I keep wanting to call him Chicklet) and Manny constantly play bite face over the fence with my bachelors so I turned them out in the back pasture today. Chief went tearing around the field with the boys having a grand ol' time, while Manny stood at the gate giving me a dirty look. Once the boys were done running around Chief joined him and gave me an equally dirty look. I was out numbered so I put them back in the front pasture with the rest of the new crew.



This weekend or next I'm hoping to put the young girls in with Junior and his harem and Manny and Chief back in with the bachelors. The old married couple, Stride and Dolly, can stay in the front pasture since they are the only ones I'm graining right now. Everyone else is pleasantly plump, but if they start to drop weight on just grass I'll supplement with grain.

I only got a few pictures tonight because I actually remembered to bring my camera with me, but forgot to check the battery.

This is Jewel, and yes she's standing on a hill. She actually let me touch her face today. Small miracles. Isn't she adorable?





Meg, the maybe Morgan cross, but who really knows mare. I just know she's cute, adorable, and likes to be in my pocket. This was the only picture I got of her before she turned to come see if I had any treats and follow me around while I took pics of Manny. Check out that mane!




Manny the Wonder Horse. I'm in love with him already and it won't bother me one bit if no one adopts him. Even if he does give me the evil eye once in awhile.




Anyone out there want to do a rescue website pro bono? I'm a computer programmer, but I SUCK at web design. I hate it. HTML is a big mental block for me. Please, for everyone's sake, someone do a website and save us from my ASP ineptitude. Save us all from another terrible website that's hard to read and causes spastic convulsions.

4 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

WVFarmgirl, thank you for visiting my blog. Please come back often. Of course you and your dogs can come for a swim if we do get the pool. No taking my dogs though.

Looks like you are quite busy over there with all your horses. Meg is my favorite! Buck and Mav is definitely my husband's fav.

wvfarmgirl said...

Meg is defintely a cutie! I'll just bring her up to the pool and leave her with you. Congratulations! It's a girl!

By the way, she loves dogs. :)

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Don't let my husband hear that. He may just take you up on keeping the horse idea.
I know if we get a chance to own some acreage in the country, the first thing he would do is to get 2 horses.

wvfarmgirl said...

YD - Tell your hubby he can't have my two baby boys, but I'm sure I'll have something suitable for adoption when you're ready!

(read: hurry up and get some land)

:)