Monday, April 4, 2011

Siesta

 

The sun came out yesterday and it was 60 degrees, which was a nice switch from the cold and hail yesterday.  I’m sure I’ll wake up to snow tomorrow.  Thanks for the brief respite, Mother Nature!

But do you know what happens when the sun comes out and warms up the ground?

Naps.  Lots of naps. 

IMG_5039

 

I have very lazy equines around here.  You’d think I worked them in the coal mines eight days a week the way they fold those long legs, crumple to the ground, and pass out without a care in the world.  Matilda went down especially hard today so those of you that felt the earth tremble, don’t worry.  It wasn’t an earthquake.

I have a pop quiz for you.  Who’s incredibly rotund belly is in the next picture?

IMG_5047

 

If you guessed that to be the “mommy” belly of River, you would be correct.  Now run to the store and get yourself a gold star.  Or a beer if you need an excuse for one. 

See that little tuft of brown fur to the left of River’s ginormously large butt?

IMG_5036

 

Why, why, WHY do they always have to open their lips a bit in a smile when they lay down??  It’s almost too adorable to stand!

IMG_5034

 

River had her eyes shut, getting in some much needed REM sleep.  She didn’t even wake up when I let the dogs out and they took off around the yard barking and chasing each other.

IMG_5035

 

While I was snapping away, Amigo woke up and gave me the same look that the GBH sometimes gives me when I wake him up too early.

IMG_5037

 

Then he showed me more of his GBH impression…

IMG_5038

 

… and went right back to sleep. 

Foals learn by imitating, but what I want to know is when the heck was Amigo in our bedroom??

1 comment:

Lena said...

Too cute! Great pictures of Amigo looking like the GBH! :-)