Sunday, January 10, 2010

All about the Mav

Maverick was having way too much fun today.  I don’t know if he was riled up because the sun was shining and he was just feeling good or if he’s happy that his budding manhood has been confirmed and he managed to land the prettiest girlfriend on the farm.

Whatever the reason, it’s a real shame that me and my camera were having a little tiff today.   I had it set on the athletic setting (or whatever that’s called), so I could just hold down the button and try to keep up with fat boy as he ran around the pasture like his tail was on fire.

I got a lot of shots with him in the frame…

 

Picture 011

 

Picture 010

 

but I’m not sure where he was in this one.  There’s hoofprints, see?  He was there at one point.  I swear.

Picture 012

 

And I couldn’t begin to tell you what happened with this shot, but it would kind of look like he were swooping down out of the sky if it weren’t for that Spruce tree right beside him.  If I had any skill at all, I’d Photoshop some wings on him.

Picture 016

 

Then I finally managed to get a few fuzzy, but fairly decent shots.

Picture 009

Picture 018

Picture 017

 

I wonder if he ever thinks about those days when he was locked in a stall with no food and water.

Picture 007 

 

What do you think?  Do horses, or animals in general, think about the past as humans do?  Do you think Maverick and Traveler stand around the hay roll at night and compare horror stories?  Or is that just us silly humans anthropomorphizing them?

3 comments:

Susan at Charm of the Carolines said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Susan

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

You know that Maverick is MY horse right? I'm just letting you "keep" him for now. :)
He is such a beautiful horse!

YD

wvfarmgirl said...

Oh yeah, I forgot he was yours. How much longer do I get to hold on to him for you? :)