
And don't come back until July! It's done nothing but rain since yesterday morning. It needs to stop soon because I don't think there's enough room for everyone on the bass boat. But, boy, is the grass ever growing and turning that really lush Spring green! It's almost time to dust off the muzzles for the fat girls. The above pic is our ancient Willow tree that's in the yard not far from the house. That "wet weather" stream hasn't dried up since we moved in. It heads behind the house and into our close-to-overflowing pond.

Last night we went out and got the fence up in front of the small barn for Whiskey. Catching him only took a couple of minutes (he's getting better!) and he was shivering quite a bit. Walking the few hundred yards from cattle pen to small barn wasn't too bad as long as Glenn walked behind him and clucked some encouragement now and then. He'd still rather back away than walk with me, and when we do have forward motion it's at the end of the 10' lead rope. But he doesn't buck or try very hard to escape and I didn't end up being drug thru the mud. These are all pluses in my book.
Once in the small barn he ran in to check it out and paw at his hay... and make sure he had water. Sometimes when we're standing there watching him he checks his water buckets every few minutes just to make sure he's still got water. I don't think he can believe that he gets hay AND water whenever he wants. Now if the demanding humans would just leave him alone and not insist on catching him and rubbing on him he'd be really happy. He does seem to enjoy our company though. Or maybe it's just the dogs that he likes. Brie and Zues both hang with the little guy, laying down in the hay and watching him eat. He likes them and tries to sniff them whenever possible.

Zues is a shelter dog that we've had for about a month now. He's a year and half and weighs about 110 lbs. The vet thinks he's part St. Bernard and part Golden Retriever. He's dumb as a box of rocks and as needy as a three day old kitten. I am NOT allowed to do anything around the house alone and his company is required for everything. I am finally getting into the habit of looking behind me before turning around because I grew tired of tripping over him.
I've had Brie since she was 5 weeks old. You could say she was another rescue since her ignorant owners said they were drowning the puppies if they didn't find homes before they were 6 weeks old. If they didn't want puppies maybe they should have kept their female Husky HOME instead of letting her roam the neighborhood. Brie's mom was full Husky and who knows what Dad was. I've heard guesses like german shepard, chow (???), black lab, malamute, and wolf. My mother seems to think Brie is the devil incarnate, but I think she's just misunderstood.
No comments:
Post a Comment