When Tamara was out the other day she got on Quill for the first time. Let me tell you, it was devastating! I thought for sure Quill was going to… going to… oh, I just can’t say it… I thought he was going to fall asleep!
He looks really upset about this whole human on his back concept, doesn’t he?
She only stayed on him for about 10 minutes. Just long enough for him to find his balance with the extra weight, and wake up. Just a little, mind you. Not enough that he actually put any effort into the session. I think Tamara worked harder than he did.
Now I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Quill has been worked with in the round pen a total of ONE time. That’s just the way he rolls. Crazy humans want me to do something? Okay, let’s do it!
I just love this little guy and I think Tamara feels the same. How could she not?
6 comments:
Like maverick, huh? :D
How is ol Mav? Still loving his little girl?
Quill has THE cutest ears!! (don't tell Lucille I said that ;)
I have to say Quill is the kinda horse that is just born broke. He has natural trust in humans - he is going to make one of those epic horses. The great ones we have all had in our lives. The good ones that make being around horses "all good" - I know Maverick was one...I think Quill is gonna be the same. I couldn't have asked for an easier first ride :)
Don't forget about Traveler! I'll have his blog post up tonight. :)
Not to criticize but I am pretty concerned about Tamara's position on your horses, especially her lower leg. I can't help but think thank goodness they didn't act up because her balance is so forward I can't imagine her keeping her seat. She may be better off not using stirrups and letting her body naturally hang downward. I'm glad you have someone to ride the horses but be sure you have insurance covering it and don't assume she knows how to ride. Sorry if my opinion isn't wanted, just erase it if that is so. Kimberly
Kimberly,
No offense taken, I usually think the same thing when I look at the pictures that I've taken and would love to put some cinder blocks on her heels to straighten out her leg. lol I think some of it is that her stirrups are a little too short and she isn't quite relaxed on these youngsters. However, she's got a great seat, soft hands, and a lot of patience. All bonuses in my book! :)
yes guys, I said the same about myself and my position when I watched some of the videos...I have been keeping the heels down better...I am leaning wayyyyy to forward and if they were to throw a fit I would be launched like a rocket forward :) I am not to proud to always accept criticism...and I have great insurance for myself :)
Post a Comment