Monday, May 9, 2011

Sleeping with the Enemy

 

What do you get when you combine a pile of tomato cages and one sleepy cat…

IMG_5076 (800x545)

 

with one very confident chicken?

IMG_5073 (800x551)

 

Julia Roberts in a chicken suit. 

IMG_5067 (800x600)

 

Sorry, that sounded really funny in my head.  And if you chuckled, even a little, my sanity thanks you.

This depression has been kicking my ass and proving hard to beat.  But I’m picking up the camera more and the brain is starting to function again.  There are ideas whirling about between the ears again and there’s one major rescue project that I will definitely need some help on.  I’ll let you know more as I figure it out.  Meanwhile, I WILL blog more often!  Whether I have anything useful to say or not.  You may want to find another blog to read. Winking smile

4 comments:

Matt said...

Well, I didn't get the Julia Roberts joke, but then again I'm not awake yet. But the pictures are cute! The ground is drying out and now there's a thousand projects to do, but the weather makes it worth it. Piece by piece, I keep reminding myself. Every time I get disgusted with the farm it seems fate would have it that I see the horses in the back of the pasture through the blooming trees or see the smile of my mare as the evening sun shines on her. It's those times of beauty that I realize why I'm here.

I hope you feel better. What you're going through is no fun and a tough thing to beat. Just remember all that appreciate you: the cats, dogs, horses, and us blog readers. And, if you need some encouragement, you'll find it in the beauty around your farm and those on it.

Look to read more from you ;-)

wvfarmgirl said...

Matt -- thank you so much! It means a lot to me that someone still reads my blog after everything this winter and the lack of posts so far this year. I feel like I've let everyone down.

As for the joke, if you want to call it that, it isn't even funny if you knew what the heck I'm talking about. You were probably better off being half asleep when you read it!

Do big wet slimy donkey kisses count as encouragement? Because I get plenty of those. :)

MysteryTheMorab said...

I still check into your blog and am hoping things are better for you. Did you ever get the truck fixed (I sent in some money). Did you get enough? Are you over working yourself keeping up? I hope you have your rescue stabilized before you rescue more as well. I do enjoy your posts and pictures so please keep it up. Spring is here, hope you cheer up and if you can't do that then you go see a doctor as well.

wvfarmgirl said...

MM - No worries, I've been saying NO to more horses almost weekly. My goal is to be back down to a comfortable 20 before I start taking in any more, and to stay under 25.

As for the truck, it's not fixed yet. Each time we fixed one problem, we found another problem. We ended up replacing the whole front axle and had the truck running for 2 weeks before the 4wd drive shaft broke. One thing after another! But hopefully, there's a light at the end of the truck tunnel soon. :) And thank you so much for donating to help us out!!