I love driving through the mid-west, especially when we stumble upon something like this in the middle of nowhere. It sparks my imagination and provides hours of escapism.
Everything is so desolate, so sparse. Some ranches are so huge that the road stretches between it’s boundaries for dozens of miles, with nothing to see except a windmill and some cattle here and there. I just want a good horse and a few weeks to ride those ranges, forgetting all the troubles and stress of the life I’ve chosen.
As I’m driving through this rugged terrain my mind wanders I sometimes picture myself as Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley, riding a good horse on the plains, trading with the natives, or hiding out from the law. Whatever gets me through the 11 hours of driving is ok with me.
Then I see these… running across the plains just because they can. I didn’t think I could get any more homesick than I already was.
I was so wrong.
4 comments:
Wow makes you wonder what was in that old place years ago. I'm sure your ponies miss you too. The horses are beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I'm sorry you're so homesick. I hope your time on the road goes fast.
That house(??) is so lonely looking! I think of the great depression/wind/dust storms, when looking at it. Great shots of the horses.
It's beautiful country for sure - don't be too homesick, it was 12 degrees this morning and steadily windy and snowing all day. Just 3rd of 5 days worth :-( Take care!
beutifull..... i like it
www.piyooh.com
Post a Comment